Think Tank & Care Conference
If the patient interview revealed a very complex situation that could involve many varying services, the Navigator will arrange to present the patient’s story at the next Think Tank teleconference.
The Think Tank is a regular teleconference attended by representatives from many of the local health and community services. Up to three patients will be presented to the Think Tank attendees, who will brainstorm on ideas to improve services for the patient and help them to move toward meeting their goals.
The ideas could be additional services that attendees can offer, suggestions on other providers to follow up with, or they could be suggestions for changing the way current services are delivered. All ideas are welcomed. No idea is a bad idea!
Think Tank is held monthly on the third Thursday of each month, from 8am to 9am.
The frequency of Think Tanks is expected to increase as more Health Link patients are referred.
Currently we are joined by family physicians, navigators and representatives from:
- Georgian Bay Family Health Team
- South Georgian Bay Community Health Centre
- North Simcoe Muskoka CCAC
- Collingwood General and Marine Hospital
- Community Connection/211
- Breaking Down Barriers Independent Living Resource Centre
- Home for Life volunteer program
- Red Cross
- Victoria Order of Nurses
- Wendat Community Programs
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Saint Elizabeth Healthcare
- Georgian Triangle Housing Resource Centre
- Hospice Georgian Triangle
- Barrie Area Native Advisory Circle
- Independent Living Services Simcoe
- Health Quality Ontario
- Behaviour Management Services of York and Simcoe, Barrie Office
- Centre for Behaviour Health Sciences, Mackenzie Health
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care
We welcome additional participants from providers (both health care and community) who provide services into our area.
If you would like to join us, please contact the Health Link Coordinator at email@example.com or call 705-444-5885 and ask for the Health Link Coordinator.
Click here to go to the next step, Care Delivery, Maintenance & Transitions