Nurse Practitioner (1-year maternity leave)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Our Family Health Team provides a host of primary care services as well as programs including; Mental Health counseling, HTN management, COPD management, Smoking Cessation services, Occupational Therapy, Health Promotion and activity programs, Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN), Nutritional counseling and Diabetes education.
You would join our team of 8 Nurse Practitioners who together ensure that patients of the 46 area physicians receive optimum care.
This role will require you to perform assessments, diagnose, treat, educate/counsel patients, amongst other clinical activities. You will facilitate continuity of care by working collaboratively with our physicians and Interdisciplinary Health Professionals.
- Current registration and member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- BScN or MSc in Nursing, RN (EC)
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a community and/or primary care setting
- Knowledge of RNAO best practice guidelines and MOH regulations and Acts
- Demonstrated competency in advanced assessment, diagnosis and prescribing of pharmaceutical, and non-pharmacological interventions, within the legislated scope of practice.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software including Mac and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
Please submit your cover letter along with resumé to email@example.com