Program Manager for Mental Health
Start Date: Summer 2017
Position: Full time (.6 management and .4 clinical)
We are seeking a Program Manager for our Mental Health Program. You will join our mental health team, which comprises 4 Child & Youth counsellors and 6 Adult counsellors. Together we ensure the patients of the 46 area physicians receive optimum care in our communities.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Mental Health Program and its counsellors and for working collaboratively with the team. You will work with GBFHT senior management to assist in support of the overall strategic and quality improvement objectives of the Mental Health Program.
In addition, this role does involve HR functions that will include but are not limited to the recruitment of, professional development for, and the performance reviews of your team. This will be a demanding role requiring superior time management skills, and the ability to be flexible will be essential in order to enable you to balance the many responsibilities.
- Masters Degree in social work, counselling psychology, or related discipline
- Leadership degree or experience in leading public or not for profit organizations
- Current registration and good standing with a regulated professional college
- Minimum of 10 years recent clinical mental health practice experience
- Advanced understanding of theory and practice in skills specific to mental health (e.g., assessment tools, group dynamics, crisis intervention, mental health therapeutic modalities, risk assessment, and case management)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team and community partners
- Proven strong consultation/communication/critical thinking skills – written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Office computer software applications
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, PHIPA, Employment Standards Act, 2000, and other relevant legislation
Please submit your cover letter along with your resumé to email@example.com by June 30, 2017.
*Due to an anticipated high volume of applications, we will only be contacting those whose qualifications most closely match our requirements.