Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive lung disease that makes it difficult to breathe; or commonly known as Chronic Bronchitis or Emphysema.
Our Certified Respiratory Educator can help COPD patients to:
- Review inhaler techniques
- Explore self-management strategies
- Introduce you to an action plan
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is a joint partnership between our Family Health Team, the YMCA Collingwood and the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital
WHAT IS PULMONARY REHABILITATION?
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed for individuals with chronic lung diseases, such as a COPD. The program includes supervised exercises classes and education sessions from regulated healthcare professionals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is recommended for people with COPD.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Improve your physical fitness (regain your endurance and muscle strength)
- Better understand your breathing limitations, and overcome your fears and anxieties
- Improve your well being and independence
- Reduce the risk of having exacerbations in the future
- Return to work and/or other hobbies you enjoy
- Incorporate health lifestyle changes into your life
WHERE IS IT HELD?
Collingwood YMCA located at 200 Hume Street, Collingwood, ON L9Y 4E8
HOW DO I GET INTO THE PROGRAM?
- Referred by Physician or Nurse Practitioner
- Complete a breathing test and 6 minute walk study