Do you wonder what blood pressure is and why it matters?
Our Registered Nurse responsible for the Hypertension Program can provide you with:
- Education or information about blood pressure and hypertension
- A review of lifestyle changes to achieve healthy blood pressure or hypertension control
- Ongoing blood pressure monitoring
- Help in reducing your blood pressure, along with the help of your Family Doctor or Nurse Practitioner
24-Hour Blood Pressure Monitor
The 24-Hour Blood Pressure Monitor allows us to track your blood pressure as you move around, living your everyday life.
Why might your doctor want you to wear the 24-hour monitor?
- To help in the diagnosis of Hypertension by tracking your Blood Pressure throughout the day and night
- To see if there is a difference between your blood pressure readings in the clinic and away from the clinic
- To see how well your medicines are working, to make sure they are controlling your blood pressure through the day