Occupational Therapy is a health profession concerned with promoting health and well-being through occupation.
Occupational therapy is focused in enabling people to participate and engage in the occupations of every day living – what people do to look after themselves and the activities they choose for leisure. Occupational therapists understand that participation in meaningful occupations contributes to health and well-being.
Occupational Therapists work with people of all ages who experience barriers to participation in day to day occupations (self-care, household management, work, school and leisure) as a result on injury, illness, mental health problems, aging, developmental problems, social disadvantage, etcetera and together identify solutions to remove or minimize barriers and promote or maintain function.
Occupation Therapists use a variety of approaches such as health promotion, injury prevention, chronic disease management, direct services and community development.
Daniella is our Occupational Therapist who focuses on adults and seniors; she provides:
- Cognitive Screening Assessment
- Functional ADL Assessment
- Home Safety Assessment
Karen is our Occupational Therapist who focuses on children; she provides:
- Fine/Gross Motor Skills Assessment
- Sensory Processing Assessment
- Writing Skills Assessment
- Visual Perceptual Assessment
- Infant Feeding Assessment (reflux issues, failure to thrive, transition from tube feeds to oral, texture issues)
Concussion Management Program
Daniella and Karen offer services to Pediatric and Adult patients who have sustained a concussion, including:
- Consultation regarding return to school, sport and/or work
- Concussion education
- Strategies to manage and prevent future concussions
Brain Health Group
Are you interested in learning techniques to maximize your brain health and reduce the risk of dementia? During this four-week group you will learn the difference between normal aging and dementia, as well as techniques to improve everyday memory. We will discuss lifestyle choices for optimal brain health, such as:
- The Importance of Exercise: Jogging Your Memory
- Healthy Diet: Feed Your Body, Fuel Your Brain
- Brain Exercises: Getting Your Brain Into Gear
- Socialization: A Good Friend is Good Medicine
- Stress Management Skills